Episode 1 of the Lowbrow Lowdown podcast and Damien and Natasha tackle their first piece of pandemic prose: The COLDVIR-20 Killer. What happens when an anti-mask, anti-vaxxer, right wing conspiracy theorists writes a novel? Tune in to find out!
Here we are thinking this whole thing will be a slew of bad erotica, and the first title we pull out of the hat is an alt-right COVID thriller. Yes your eyes don’t deceive you, we’re about to see how a right-wing conspiracy theorist writes a character with an arts degree. Major content warnings, this dude is racist, sexist, homophobic and never learnt the principles of ‘show don’t tell’.
Lowbrow Lowdown explores the cultural moment in front of us right now and how it manifests in pop, trash and pulp culture. Season 1: Pandemic Prose is all about self-published literature of the coronavirus.
Subscribe to the Lowbrow Lowdown on your favourite podcast app.
Do you have questions, comments or want to share your thoughts on what we’re reading? Email us at email@example.com.
Covid Claus is Coming to Town (Kissing the Coronavirus Chronicles) – Lowbrow Lowdown
- Covid Claus is Coming to Town (Kissing the Coronavirus Chronicles)
- Coronavirus is Coming to Town: A Covid-19 Steamy Horror Story
- The Rotten Roots of Yggdrasil: Mythology meets reality in Sweden’s COVID19 pandemic
- Covid Cupid: Finding love in the new plague
- Co[r]vid: A novella (crows, crime, coronavirus)
Music from the Youtube Audio Library: Book Bag by E’s Jammy Jams.
Leave a Reply